On the 31st of August 2019, I came across a publication by an Ijaw group called IPDI. The post called the Godknows Angele led Government a failure and threatened of an impending protest.
As Aide to the Executive Chairman on New Media, I am shocked by the allegations and the choice of words used by the Ijaw Rights Group.
According to the open letter written to the Executive Chairman which was published by the Egbema Voice, they claimed that the Chairman is not people oriented and has refused to execute projects in the LGA, but has instead, decided to enrich himself with monies meant for the Local Government.
For starters, Hon. Godknows Angele is the first Chairman of BURUTU LGA that is stationed in Burutu Town. Every week, the Executive Chairman is in Burutu for work and only travels on weekends, unless on urgent official business, does he travel out of town during the week.
It is very easy to stand far off and make accusations that are not fact based.
There are over 20 completed constituency projects and many others still ongoing.
The Writer of the controversial letter, Comrade Izobo Austin mentioned the Chairman living in luxury and enjoying light while the town is in darkness. Burutu Town has never been in the national grid and so, have been using generating plants as a means of electricity. For this reason, the Executive Chairman Hon. Godknows Angele has been working round the clock with the State Government, NDDC and SPDC, to see to a gas turbine that will supply electricity to Burutu, Ayakoromo, Obotebe, Gbekebor, and eventually to all communities in the Local Government Area.
LIST SOME OF THE PROJECTS DONE AND ONGOING BOTH IN BURUTU TOWN AND OTHER TOWNS IN THE LOCAL GOVT AREA.
These are some of the list of projects by the Chairman, please make your findings:
1. 20 constituency projects (fully completed)
2. Renovation of chairman’s official residence(fully completed)
3. Renovation of vice chairman’s official residence(fully completed)
4. Renovation of Burutu Health Center (fully completed)
5. Ongoing Renovation of Burutu Community Town Hall
6. Extension of Odimodi Community electricity (fully completed)
7. Construction of two bedroom flat each for HPM and TLG
8. Construction of official quarters for each of the twenty councilors (ongoing)
9. Renovation of Tourogbene Health Center (fully completed)
10. Ongoing renovation of the Area Commander’s official residential quarters, Burutu
11. Street lights in Burutu
12. Ongoing reconstruction of the Area Command Administrative block
13. Supply of Health equipment
14. Renovation of Supervisors quarters (Completed)
15. Renovation of the library at Burutu (Almost completed)
16. 300 plus sweepers and casual workers employed
18. Health assistants for Obotebe health centre employed
19. Repair of NULGE staff bus and boat
20. Scholarships to deserving students from Ayakoromo town.
21. Books, textbooks, writing materials bought and distributed among pupils of the three primary schools
22. Solar water project
I challenge members of IPDI to go to the project sites to prove to the public that these projects do not exist.
Instead of standing afar and write letters and make newspaper publications, I urge the members of the IPDI to put in efforts in verifying the facts first.
I urge the Honourable Chairman not to be distracted by these unfounded allegations, but rather put in more efforts in bringing our dear Burutu LGA more dividends of democracy, to better the lives of our citizenry.
LONG LIVE BURUTU LOCAL GOVT AREA
COMR. LOUIS MULU
NEW MEDIA AIDE TO THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN OF BURUTU LGA